Do you know Instagram allows users to deactivate their accounts temporarily? This feature is quite useful if you want to take a break from Instagram without permanently deleting your account.
When you deactivate your account, your profile, posts, and interactions such as likes and comments will be hidden on Instagram.
However, all those things will become visible again when you reactivate your account. Reactivating your Instagram account is simple and easy. You just need to log back into your account using your credentials.
It is important to note that you can only deactivate your Instagram account on the Instagram web. The mobile app doesn’t offer users an option to deactivate their accounts. You can either use your mobile or computer browser to access the Instagram website and deactivate your account.
We have covered both of them in this article.
How to Deactivate Your Instagram Account Temporarily On iPhone
Note: Instagram app doesn’t support this feature.
You can use any browser on your iPhone like Safari or Google Chrome.
1. Launch a browser app on your iPhone.
2. Visit instagram.com and log into your account by filling in the required credentials.
3. Tap your profile picture in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
4. Tap Edit Profile below your username.
5. Scroll down to the bottom and tap the text that says, “Temporarily disable my account”.
6. A new page will then open. Select a reason for disabling your Instagram account and enter your account password.
Both of them are mandatory to proceed further.
7. Now, tap Temporarily Disable Account at the bottom.
Once the account is deactivated, your profile, posts, likes, and comments will be hidden until you reactivate it. To reactivate your account, just log back in.
How to Deactivate Instagram Account On A Computer
The method remains the same if you’re using Windows or Mac.
1. On your computer or laptop, open a browser and go to instagram.com.
2. Sign in to your account if you haven’t done it yet.
3. Click your profile picture in the top-right corner of the computer screen and select the Settings option.
4. Click the text that says, “Temporarily disable my account” in the bottom-right of the screen. You will have to scroll down to locate that option.
5. Select a reason for temporarily disabling your Instagram account and enter your account password.
6. Now, click Temporarily Disable Account.
Leave a Reply